Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome to my Travel Blog

I am starting this blog to share my travel experiences. My hopes are not only to interest and entertain my readers but to inspire them to go out and see and experience the wonderful world around them. You don't have to go far. You don't have to spend a lot of money. You just need to open your eyes, ears, and mind to discover what treasures exist in your own backyard, on a day or weekend trip, in your own state or country, or halfway across the world. It doesn't matter where you go; what matters are the natural wonders, history, food, music, scenery, culture, people, animals, attractions, entertainment, relaxation, and all the other wonders you may encounter when you step outside. You will find a lot of different kinds of postings related to travel, and I will add others to blog about their experiences as well. You will read about what interests me, so let me know via comments what interests you. I hope people enjoy this blog (comments of course welcome), and I hope you take the time to experience some of these places yourself. And if you can bring a child, your child or any child into the outdoor world, please do. Computers, TVs, and video games are just no substitute for the amazing world around you. (Though I must admit I am somewhat inspired by TV hosts like Huell Howser and Rick Steves...). Thanks for reading, and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment